Employee Standards of Performance
At the Jefferson County Health Center it is our privilege to serve our customers, both internal and external, with a friendly and courteous attitude. This philosophy will encompass our entire Health Care Campus Facilities and we will be joined together in our efforts of serving our community. We consider ourselves committed to exceeding their expectations with our professional manner. In fulfilling this call, we will treat everyone with respect, politeness, courtesy, and be open to new ideas and willing to act on suggestions.
To accomplish our Customer Service Goals we have outlined the following Standards of Performance to embrace and incorporate in our daily lives.
- Acknowledge our customers with eye contact and polite behavior.
On the Floor
- Answer call lights, per our policies, which instruct us to answer a call light when activation is observed. If a room door is closed with the call light activated, seek out a direct care staff member and make sure the request is answered.
- When answering call lights be flexible, willing to assist, and be sure help is on the way before departing.
- Always ask "Is there anything else I can do?" before leaving the room.
Throughout the Hospital
- Be prompt and courteous on the phone as well as in person.
- Provide a comfortable atmosphere for customers who are waiting, offer refreshments as appropriate. Give an estimated time for their wait whenever possible. Follow up if there seem to be delays.
- If we fail to meet customers' expectations, be prompt when implementing our Service Recovery Procedures.
Practice good communication skills by listening carefully in order to resolve questions, conflicts or problems quickly and completely.
- Be courteous when listening to our customers and be sure you understand their questions or concerns.
- If you do not have an answer, find someone who can help.
- Follow up to insure that complete assistance was given.
- If there are any changes in planned customer care, let all affected parties know.
- When communicating on the phone, identify yourself, speak slowly without distraction. Ask how you can help the caller. When transferring or placing a call on hold, explain to the caller your intentions.
- Be courteous when using the overhead or personal paging systems and be aware of our quiet time between 1:00pm and 2:00pm.
All patient information should be treated as confidential. Employees must adhere to our established confidentiality policies.
- Information shared between staff and care givers must be conducted in a private manner at all times.
- Always protect a patient’s modesty and dignity. Provide adequate covering when ambulating. Close curtains or doors during examinations, procedures or consultations.
- Communicate with a patient’s family or care provider in a private manner.
- Respect the patient’s privacy and identity by not referring to them personally in the presence of other patients or their families.
- Keep all patient identification strictly confidential.
A positive attitude toward fellow employees and our customers is required.
- Acknowledge customers immediately, each time you meet, make eye contact and listen for their needs.
- Don’t interrupt.
- Be courteous and aware of each others time and respect it.
- Rudeness, inappropriate language or behavior should never be present.
- Apologize for any problems or inconveniences that have occurred and ask if there is something that can be done to satisfy the situation.
- Exceed expectations. Say "thank you."
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Be supportive of others diversity and abilities.
- Be open and supportive to new ideas.
- Be encouraging to others as they share their knowledge.
- Be ethical with all of your actions.
- Respect the wishes of our patients and customers.
All employees at JCHC are part of the team that delivers the best health care to our customers.
- Emulate positive behavior.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Rudeness to a co-worker will not be tolerated.
- Work with others to provide the quality service we all strive for.
- Promote interdepartmental cooperation to insure that all are treated with respect and importance.
- Take responsibility for your actions and know that you will be accountable for them.
- Be appreciative to fellow workers for their efforts and offer praise and gratitude for outstanding achievements.
- Be supportive of co-workers in less than ideal situations and work together to achieve great customer care.
Safety is the responsibility of everyone at JCHC to insure an accident-free environment.
- Report all accidents and safety hazards promptly.
- Follow universal safety precautions and practice safe behavior in all actions around co-workers, patients and customers.
- Respect all equipment and use it safely. Maintain its working order and report any damage for repair. Prevent accidents by becoming aware of your surroundings and working together to maintain a safe environment for everyone.
Professional appearance is important regardless of your job or position. It generates mutual respect for our co-workers and customers.
Each of us is responsible to adhere to our dress code policies.
- Adhere to our established dress code policies.
- Practice good personal hygiene.
- Wear proper identification badges, above the waist and clearly visible.
- All areas of the facility should be kept clean and organized at all times.
- Work together to pick up and dispose of litter properly.
- Return equipment to its proper location.
- Keep work areas clean and free of clutter.