EDUCATION DEPARTMENT CLASSES & EVENTS
The Education Department at Jefferson County Health Center is committed to promoting health and wellness to the citizens of our community. A variety of free health education programs are offered throughout the year.
Programs and educational offerings can be tailored to your specific needs and brought to your worksite, club or civic organization. For more information or to schedule a program, please contact Staci Worley, RN, BSN, Assistant Outpatient Director at 641-469-4232 or email@example.com.
Monday through Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm
Click here to see what classes are offered this month.
FREE DIABETES SELF-MANAGEMENT CLASSES NOW OFFERED.
This is an excellent class for people who are newly diagnosed or those who want a refresher course.
Email the instructor, Christine Engwall, RN, at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out when the next class is starting.
- AED training (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Basic Life Support Classes (CPR). Group classes available, contact: Christine Engwall, RN at email@example.com
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Cancer Education
- Cardiopulmonary/Diabetes Support Group
- Children's Health/Safety
- Continuing Education Programs for Healthcare Professionals
- Dependent Adult/Child Abuse for the Mandatory Reporter
- Diabetes Self-Management Program
- First Aid. Group classes available, contact Christine Engwall, RN at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Screenings
- Healthy Eating/Meal Planning Education
- High School Job Shadow Program
- Men's Health
- Respiratory Health
- Smoking Cessation
- Stress Management
- Super Sitter Course (Baby Sitting Course)
- Tours for Pre-School & School Age children