Continued COVID-19 Visitor Guidance at JCHC
Last Friday the CDC issued new COVID-19 Community Level tools and recommendations to help individuals make an informed choice when masking and taking other COVID-19 precautions. Click here to access the tool, and click here to learn more about the data used to determine county-by-county risk levels.
While this new guidance is intended for most public areas across the country, it does NOT affect healthcare settings, including Jefferson County Health Center (JCHC). The CDC continues to recommend mask wearing, social distancing, and other COVID-19 mitigation measures for hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and home health services. With this in mind, we continue to adhere to the following patient and visitor precautions:
JCHC requires masks for all patients and visitors entering our facility, regardless of vaccination status.
All patients and visitors will be asked screening questions related to COVID-19 symptoms upon entering our facility.
If you are feeling ill, or have recently tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home and do not make plans to visit or accompany a patient to JCHC.
This recommendation is for visitors, caregivers, and support persons only; it does not apply to patients or individuals seeking medical attention.
Please keep social distance of six feet or more whenever possible in our facility.
The following visitor restrictions are in place for Jefferson County Health Center and JCHC Clinics:
- Inpatient Wing for Medical/Surgical Patients: There are no restrictions to the number of visitors a patient receives, and there are no age restrictions for visitors. Visiting hours are from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Ambulatory Care (Outpatient Surgeries and Procedures): Patients are allowed a maximum of 2 caregivers/support persons during their visit
- Emergency Room: Patients are allowed a maximum of 2 caregivers/support persons during their visit
- JCHC Clinics and JCHC Professional Clinic: Patients are allowed a maximum of 2 caregivers/support persons during their visit
- Therapy Services: Patients are allowed a maximum of 2 caregivers/support persons during their visit
Everyone at JCHC thanks you for helping to keep our patients and community safe and healthy.