LABORATORY AND WELLNESS TESTING
Jefferson County Health Center Laboratory Department offers these services and continues to advance in additional areas:
- Routine tests of blood and body fluids
- Culture and sensitivity tests of infections
- Urine drug screen collections - DOT and Non-DOT
- Breath-Alcohol tests
- Wellness testing program
Jefferson County Health Center has a full-service laboratory, providing 24-hour coverage, 365 days. The department provides a wide range of tests that your healthcare provider relies upon to provide your care. The department works with your healthcare provider and the hospital staff, both on an inpatient and outpatient basis, including anatomic and clinical pathology testing.
The highly trained and qualified staff, which uses the latest medical equipment, performs over 400,000 tests per year. The laboratory is CLIA certified, and Medicare approved. The laboratory department refers some testing to Mercy Iowa City and State Hygienic Laboratory in Coralville, Iowa. Tissue samples are sent to Mercy Iowa City.
Jefferson County Health Center obtains blood for transfusions from the Impact Life in Davenport, Iowa. Jefferson County Health Center patients have the opportunity to donate their own blood (autologous donation) for an upcoming elective procedure that may require blood replacement. The center provides mobile blood draws at sites throughout our community. For information on the bloodmobile schedule, call them at 1-800-452-1097.
Continuous Wellness Program
Wellness Laboratory Testing
Today, Americans are more health-conscious, much more aware of their bodies, and considerably more knowledgeable about physical health and illness in general. Jefferson County Health Center is offering a program, where an individual can come to the Laboratory Department and receive wellness tests without a physician’s written order. This allows the public to manage their health and health concerns. Continuous Wellness Laboratory Testing is not meant as a substitute for regular medical care; it is a quick easy and inexpensive way for people to receive wellness laboratory tests results.
About Wellness Testing
- A physician’s order is not required for these tests. Tests are offered at Jefferson County Health Center Laboratory Department from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Anyone less than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The customer, if 18 or older, or parent/guardian if the person is under age 18, consents to take responsibility for the follow-up of abnormal results
- A physician will review critical test results.
- Payment for the tests must be received at the time of service in the form of cash, check or credit card; insurance will not be billed.
- The results will be sent directly to you within one week of collecting the specimen. You are encouraged to share these results with your health care provider.
- Contact Jefferson County Health Center Laboratory Department if you have any questions. (641) 469-4341.
Wellness Blood Test Details
View Blood Test Descriptions
View Blood Testing Form