How It Works
JCHC is able to provide eligible patients with discounted medical care through its Financial Assistance Program. In order to qualify, a patient/patient’s family must be current Iowa resident(s) and must fall within the Federal Poverty guideline requirements. Based on family size and where the household income lies, a discount of 20% - 100% could be applied to Hospital accounts.
| Family Size
|| 100% Charity
|| 40% Charity
*For family units over eight (8), add $4,320 for each additional member.
Once a patient qualifies for JCHC’s Financial Assistance, the application and approval percentage will be good for (6) months, at which time the approval will expire and a patient would need to resubmit an application to see if the financial situation has changed.
Please Note: Services performed by non-JCHC consultants (Specialty Clinics), Radiology Consultants of Iowa, Collaborative Lab Services, Midwest Ambulance, or any other third-party affiliate not billed through JCHC will not be considered for Financial Assistance.
Additionally, previously discounted Hospital services, charges, and/or accounts will not receive additional discounting through Financial Assistance.
Requirements for Financial Assistance
In addition to meeting Federal Poverty guidelines and being a current Iowa resident, the following items are required:
- Completed and signed application.
- Proof of Income (current source from any of the following: pay stubs, tax return/W-2, self-employment worksheet, bank statement indicating monthly deposit, etc.).
- Documentation that you have also applied for assistance with the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS). If you have not yet applied, please click here to create an account and start the application, or call (641) 472-5011. This process can take up to 45 days, but do not delay getting the other documentation in because you are waiting for DHS. Applications can also be submitted at the Jefferson County DHS office, or at the Hospital.
Financial Assistance Information
Financial Assistance Application
Please return the completed application and required documentation to:
1. Mailing Address:
Attn: Financial Counselor
2000 S. Main
Fairfield, IA 52556
2. Fax: (641) 469-4216, Attn: Financial Counselor
3. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Financial Counselor
4. Drop off in person! We are located behind the front Registration desks through the main (east) entrance to the Hospital.
Questions? Please feel free to call our Financial Counselor at (641) 469-4311 or our Billing Office at (641) 469-4301.
Additional Online Resources
Jefferson County Health Center (JCHC) believes you have the right to understand your healthcare options and the cost of care. This information is published from the Hospital’s (JCHC's) charge master and does not reflect rates negotiated by health insurance or provider networks or discounts a patient may receive as a result of our financial assistance policy. If you are covered by health insurance, we encourage you to contact your health insurance provider to determine accurate information about your financial responsibility for a particular health care service provided at this facility. If you are not covered by health insurance, you are strongly encouraged to contact our Financial Counselor at 641-469-4311 to discuss payment options prior to receiving services from JCHC, as posted prices do not necessarily reflect your personal financial responsibility or the cost of the service at the time you receive the service. In addition, services billed by other providers, such as services billed by physicians or third party vendors are not included. Drug prices subject to change based on manufacturer/product in stock as well as cost of those medications which update regularly.
JCHC Drug Charges 12-20-18
JCHC Professional CDM 12-20-18
JCHC Technical CDM 12-20-18