We moved into our new state-of-the-art Health Center in April of 2009. Our name changed from Jefferson County Hospital to the Jefferson County Health Center (JCHC) to better reflect our commitment of exceptional health care services in one convenient location for the people of Jefferson County.
Our commitment to you is that we will:
- Have a state-of-the-art facility for our patients, staff, providers and community.
- Provide easy access for your local medical needs, by incorporating the JCHC Clinics, the Jefferson County Health Center Professional Clinic, and the Dialysis Center in one location.
- Strengthen our community’s health care system and assure its long-term viability.
- Dedicate ourselves to meeting the health care needs of all the people of Jefferson County and surrounding communities both now and into the future.
The new Jefferson County Health Center facility is one of the leading hospitals in Iowa promoting green features through planning, design and construction, to reduce waste and promote maximum efficiency, flexibility and sustainability for greater patient safety, dignity and wellness. The hospital and clinics incorporated innovative sustainable design features as outlined in the Green Guide for Health Care™.
Jefferson County Health Center, a state-of-the-art health care facility opened its doors April 2009.
JCHC has services that support the collective needs of our community. Click on the links below to learn more about the services offered at Jefferson County Health Center.
Outpatient Treatments & Services
- Nuclear Scans
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsies
Additional Services/Other Health Resources
- Outpatient mental health clinics are located in Farifield.
- Fairfield has two nursing home facilities.
- Jefferson County provides Public Health Nurses, along with Social Services.
- Fairfield is served by a paramedic level ambulance service, with 24-hour service. Air ambulance services are available from the University of Iowa Hospitals in Iowa City (response time is 22 minutes).