Continued Visitor Precautions at JCHC
We take the health and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff members, and entire community very seriously. As the CDC issues new advice and guidance, JCHC continually reviews and updates our policies as they relate to the COVID-19 pandemic. The following guidance, effective June 7, 2021, reflects our latest interpretation of CDC advice and how we are applying it throughout our facility.
JCHC continues to require masks within our facility, even if you are fully vaccinated. While the vaccine is extremely effective at preventing COVID-19 in vaccinated individuals, patients at JCHC may be immunocompromised and/or unable to receive the vaccine due to their current health condition or age. Masks help to protect the most vulnerable among us from a severe illness, and we ask all of our visitors to continue wearing masks to give these people the greatest protection possible.
All patients and visitors will be screened by our staff when entering the facility and asked a few simple questions related to COVID-19 symptoms. This ongoing screening is another step to keep our vulnerable patients safe.
Illness/Exposure to COVID-19
If you are feeling ill, we ask that you stay home and do not plan to visit or accompany a patient to JCHC. Similarly, if you were recently exposed to an individual with a positive case of COVID-19, please stay home. This guidance applies even if you don’t have symptoms and are fully vaccinated. An exposure is defined as being around someone within the last 14 days for 15 minutes or longer at six feet or less who has tested positive for COVID-19. Individuals are contagious two days prior to their symptoms beginning.
This guidance applies to visitors, caregivers, and support persons only; it does not apply to patients or those seeking medical attention.
Guidance when Visiting JCHC
We ask that all visitors wash their hands frequently while visiting JCHC, and to refrain from unnecessary walking/strolling around the facility.
The following visitor restrictions are in place for Jefferson County Health Center and JCHC Clinics:
- Inpatient Wing for Medical/Surgical Patients: There are no restrictions to the number of visitors a patient receives, and there are no age restrictions for visitors. Visiting hours are from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Ambulatory Care (Outpatient Surgeries and Procedures): Patients are allowed a maximum of 2 caregivers/support persons during their visit
- Emergency Room: Patients are allowed a maximum of 2 caregivers/support persons during their visit
- JCHC Clinics and JCHC Professional Clinic: Patients are allowed a maximum of 2 caregivers/support persons during their visit
- Therapy Services: Patients are allowed a maximum of 2 caregivers/support persons during their visit
Everyone at JCHC thanks you for helping to keep our patients and community safe and healthy.