Jefferson County ACT Facts | March 2022
What is in a vape cartridge?
Vaping is not safe for teens and young adults, as the brain is still developing during this state of life.
Vaping is not just water vapor.
- Vape cartridges contain nicotine, flavored liquid, and unknown chemicals
- THC vape cartridges contain unknown amounts of THC, including marijuana concentrates that are four times stronger than the "top shelf" marijuana
- THC vape cartridges have been found in Jefferson County
Vape cartridges in Iowa and elsewhere have also been found to be laced with fentanyl.
- Fentanyl is a highly dangerous synthetic opioid and can be deadly in very small doses
- Fentanyl is the leading cause of death in the United States for people age 18-45
For a PDF version of this article, click here