Jefferson County Health Center Addresses Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
Since the COVID-19 outbreak began, Jefferson County Health Center (JCHC) has been working closely with both the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Jefferson County Public Health to respond to this challenge.
At JCHC, we are able to provide IDPH’s COVID-19 screening. Determined by the screening and IDPH, we are able to collect a nasal swab for testing to be performed at the state hygienic lab in Coralville. We are able to care for patients diagnosed with COVID-19.
In addition, JCHC will continue care for our patients. We have taken steps to help reduce the spread and precautions to ensure the safety of our community. We will remain vigilant in monitoring the situation and move quickly to make adjustments as this is a rapidly evolving situation.
JCHC’s actions aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19 and supporting the community are:
· JCHC has initiated visitor restrictions and has suspended our registered walkers and other volunteer programs until further notice. These restrictions are in place for the health and safety of all.
· For patients with a cough or fever, we ask that they call the JCHC Clinic or Emergency Department before arriving to begin the screening process. If we know in advance, we can direct patients to an area away from the main public areas.
· We have set-up a COVID-19 Hotline at 641-469-4180 to answer any questions. This hotline is open 24/7.
We understand that many people are anxious about the spread of COVID-19 in our community. With so much being reported, we feel that it is important to provide you with good sources of information on how to protect yourself and your family. Links to these sources can also be found on JCHC’s website at www.jeffersoncountyhealthcenter.org.
Resources are available to help you prepare for and respond to COVID-19:
· Frequently Asked Questions from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
· IDPH’s website for the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
· Facebook pages:
A COVID-19 public hotline has been established for Iowans with questions. The line is available 24/7 by calling 211.
As we face these unprecedented times together, please know that JCHC is doing everything we can to keep our community safe and healthy.